The work will be delivered via:
- One-to-one advice sessions for beneficiaries delivered at the centre
- Monthly workshops for beneficiaries delivered in the centre
- Quarterly beneficiary led review meetings
- Two outreach visits per week by the project worker to a hospital, prison or beneficiary home.
- Quarterly training for volunteers delivered at the centre
Needs for the outreach project:
- Ethnic & minorities group cultural barriers.
- Stigma attached to disability.
- Disability poverty, the most significant challenge.
- Hardship and isolation.
- Poverty of information, means and idea.
- Managing independent living and ‘personal budgets’.
- Supporting disabled parents, their carers, families and associates.
And theme of positive transitions
- Rendering service to people with newly acquired disability for better appreciation of own condition, maintaining choice and self-control.
- Supporting disabled people in managing independence living and ‘personal budgets’.